Sunday 10 April 2016

White and Metallic Gold Christmas

The current 52 {Christmas} Card Challenge is 'White and Metallic Gold' and I've kept my card nice and simple by using just two dies and some gold mirri card (which has been very difficult to photograph!).  I'm also entering Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra and, as the mirri card is from my snippets drawer, I'm also popping across to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white hammer
Dies:  Memory Box 'Grand Merry Christmas', Christmas Tree (magazine freebie)
Snippets: Gold mirri card

I trimmed the card blank to a 6" x 4" size and cut Merry Christmas from the offcut.  I then die cut both the sentiment and tree from gold mirri.  I trimmed the bottom of the sentiment so there was only a narrow border and also snipped the bottom of the tree trunk so both the sentiment and tree would fit the card front.  These were then attached to the card. I then inlaid the white letters into the sentiment.
Kath x

15 comments:

Valerija said...

So beautiful! Love the dies and gold paper.

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Elegant card.

Hope you have had a good weekend. Sue

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous CAS card, love the mirri tree.

Kath x

Liz said...

Stunning card, Kath. So classy. xx

brenda said...

Just catching up after our long weekend away Kath, as always a super card. And thank yo so much for the very pretty card, much appreciated.

B x

Dawn said...

A Perfect CAS elegant Christmas card Kath! I love the gorgeous simplicity of it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

meg said...

love the elegant simplicity of your dies, perfect Christmas card

Di said...

Wow Kath, what an elegant card. Love that you filled in the gaps with the white letters you cut from the card offcut - need to remember that one. And the tree die itself is stunning!

Thanks for coming to play this week!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Ooh, that's sooooo stylish Kath. Love it.
Hugs, SaRn xxx

!neke said...

Love this , feels like Christmas is near !

Ineke X

Barb said...

This looks so elegant Kath. Barbxx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Kath, the gold mirri looks fabulous.
Pauline
x

Deborah Frings said...

I think your photo is just brilliant! I love the clean, crisp lines with the loopy Christmas tree. Fab! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week, Deborah, DT.

Patricia Hays said...

Your card is stunning in its elegant simplicity! I love it! I'm sorry it was a pain to photograph. Thanks so much for making 52CCT part of your crafting fun! :)

Jennifer Scull said...

my goodness, this is gorgeous! love the dies!

thank you so much for joining our challenge over at The Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra Blog! :)