Sunday 14 December 2014

Just thinking of you

I was all set to make my first butterfly card for the Butterfly Challenge, only to find that this month's challenge is 'All Kinds of Fairies'.  So I made this card for a friend's January birthday.


The Fairy Collection stamps (magazine freebie)
Woodware 'Going to Seed' sentiment stamp
Spellbinders Classic Circles Large and Classic Scalloped Circles Large
Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small and Classic Scalloped Circles Small
Hole punch
Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
Wink of Stella
Card and paper from snippets drawer.

I layered blue and cream paper onto brown card, before attaching it to the card blank.  The fairy and sentiment were stamped onto cream card, die cut, embossed and layered onto scalloped shapes.  The fairy was attached to the card front and the sentiment attached over it with foam tape. I punched small circles and attached them to the corners of the card.  To finish, I used a Wink of Stella on the fairy and sentiment.

Kath x

6 comments:

Sue said...

Kath, That's really lovely. Your friend will be thrilled.

Hope you've had a nice weekend. Sue

Mrs A. said...

So pretty. I love your freebie fairy. The sepia colour is just perfect against the blue and brown colour scheme. The butterflies will be back in January. Thankyou for fluttering by this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Jules said...

Hi Kath

A beautiful card!

Your fairy image is gorgeous and I love your colour combo and pretty backing paper.

Love Jules xx

AlisonC said...

It's a lovely image in beautiful colours.

Sarn said...

I haven't played with my set of freebie fairies . . . but you've given me inspiration to do so! This card is lovely xxx

scrappymo! said...

Very pretty. I love the colour...the brown and blue looks so good together. That fairy is such a pretty image!