Tuesday 20 March 2012

Happy 80th Birthday!

I wanted to make a card for a friend's 80th birthday.  I struggle with ideas for men's cards, but saw this design in Papercraft Essentials magazine and thought it would be perfect.  


I matted a 9cm square of white cardstock onto mustard Moondust cardstock, then onto dark blue Moondust cardstock.  I then fixed this onto the front of a white tent-fold card blank.  I cut four 4cm squares of co-ordinating Nancy Watt papers (which were a magazine freebie) and used my Woodware corner roucnder to round two corners of each square.   These were then glued to the card front.  I tied embroidery thread through a blue star button and used tacky glue to attach it to the card.  I printed a sentiment on white card and used foam tape to attach it to the card.

As I had more squares of paper, I made another birthday card.


Kath x

1 comment:

Liz Miller said...

Great card Kath and is ideal for a male friend or relative.
Liz xx